A Windy Day

fashion on a windy day windy day in dallas texas styling an outfit for a windy day dallas fashion for the average girl in the city of dallas for fashion over the knee boots downtown dallas fashion close up of styling an outfit over the knee boots for high fashion a cold windy day in dallas walking the streets of dallas in style

Photography By: Michael Thomas

What I’m Wearing: Dress: Target, similar here // Coat:old, similar here // Scarf: Burberry // Boots:Boohoo, similar here // Bag: Michael Kors// Jewelry: ONecklace, similar here //

This day was REALLY cold, and REALLY windy. Sometimes I panic thinking about how I’m going to create content for this blog when I go back to Lubbock, and it’s 20 degrees out and snowing. #nobueno

This is definitely a basic winter outfit. But sometimes, basic is all you need. Grab a cashmere sweater dress, your favorite scarf, black boots, a coat, and that’s an easy outfit you can always go to. Especially if you’re like me and have a closet full of clothes, yet you still think you have nothing to wear. First world problems? yes.

Of course, y’all have seen these boots everywhere. OTK boots are a huge trend and everyone and their mothers have them. The ones I’m wearing are from Boohoo, and for a great price. I wanted the Stuart Weitzman but they were WAY too expensive for me, then I wanted the Steve Madden ones, and yet again, out of my price range. Then I found these. They’re awesome for the affordable price! I will tell you though, the top of them, where they fall at your thigh is super big. You can tie them, to make them tight, but they don’t stay very well which is super disappointing. But again, for the price, it’s definitely OK quality.

I love layering when we transition into the harsh winter. Of course, in Lubbock and if you live somewhere a lot colder… this dress and light trench coat is definitely not enough warmth. You can easily layer this dress, a cardigan, a thicker trench coat and a warmer scarf and you will be sweating by the time you walk outside to your car in the wintery weather.

What’s your favorite staple piece for the winter? I wanna know!!

Linking up with: What I Wore & Oh Hey Girl

Shop this Post:

1. Mikahla wrote:

I really want these boots in my closet! They look perfect with every outfit. Love this outfit!

Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Thanks Mikahla! I love these boots, they truly do go with so much!

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  2. Annaliese wrote:

I just bought my first pair of OTK boots recently as well- loving this trend for this season!!

xoxo A

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  3. Jenny wrote:

I love your OTK boots!
    I recently just got some in grey and can’t wait to style them.

Also that dress is from Target? NEED!

xoxo, Jenny

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Thanks Jenny! and YES target… can you believe it!? I was shocked when I found it and it’s amazing quality.

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  4. Elle Spann wrote:

girlll i live in basic winter outfits! they are P E R F E C T!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  5. Brianne wrote:

Cute scarf! Your hair has so much volume, I’m jealous!!

Xo, Brianne

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  6. Looove those boots! I feel you on the whole Stuart Weitzman thing…so gorgeous and yet so pricey!

Alexandra Adams | X-Height-Ment

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  7. karen wrote:

my gosh – these photos are SO cute! You look great – especially loving those boots!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  8. Charlene wrote:

I love a patterned coat and yours is gorgeous!! I feel you about shooting content in the winter – it gets really cold here in Toronto and I have no idea how I am going to stand outside and take pictures!!
    Charlene xo
    The Frugal Fashionista

Posted 1.6.16 Reply
  9. I love the OTK boots trend! I agree I can’t afford the SW ones but I’m holding out hope I can one day! P.S. I LOVE your hair! You need to teach me how you get such perfect curls/waves!

Posted 1.7.16 Reply
  10. Elana wrote:

Your hair is gorgeous! The perfect curls!

Posted 1.7.16 Reply
  11. Sometimes basic is all you need in the winter! It’s the only time of year when you’ll catch me wearing mostly black!

Posted 1.7.16 Reply
  12. Kayleigh wrote:

The cutest casual look! Love the scarf!

Posted 1.7.16 Reply
  13. Loved this look! I am obsessed with that monogram necklace as well. Definitely checking out ONecklace as we speak because I am always looking for a big monogram necklace to rock.

Posted 1.7.16 Reply
  14. It is SO stinkin’ hard to take pictures in aggressive wind, but you did it flawlessly! I love your hair curled. Very pretty and glam.

Cameron Proffitt

Posted 1.7.16 Reply
  15. Amanda R wrote:

I have similar boots and love them!! They are so adorable! And props to you for shooting on a windy day! I give up in frustration!! <3

xoxo,
    Amanda | http://www.TheChambrayBunny.com

Posted 1.10.16 Reply
  16. Tami wrote:

The scarf really sells the outfit in the first few pics. I need a few different patterns to dress up my consistently black outfits.

Posted 1.19.16 Reply