Happy Friday, gals! So sorry I’m been MIA on the blog this week. I love traveling but MAN it takes me like a full week to recover haha. Hope your week has been amazing and whoohoo it’s the weekend! So y’all know I was in New Orleans, Louisiana last weekend with some blog friends. It was a 2-day trip and we had so much fun! I wanted to put together and share our itinerary with y’all. Also, check out myNOLA guide I did a couple years ago when Josh & I visited.
- 3:30pm: Flight landed!!
- 4:30pm: A couple of the girls and I all got in around the same time and we were so hungry so we drove over the the Garden District area and ate at Dat dog. It was so good! I ended up getting chicken strips because I had hot dogs the night before but they’re known for their amazing dogs haha.
- 5-6pm: Check into place. We stayed with Stay Alfred all weekend and I was AMAZED at their property. It’s like an airbnb I guess but so amazing. It’s basically an apartment building that they’ve turned into a hotel almost. Except the rooms are big, have a ton of space, and you get a full kitchen! Four of the girls were on the second floor in this beautiful 2 bedroom place and Bailey and I had the only room on the top floor it was incredible and beyond spacious! I will for sure be staying in Stay Alfred properties again.
- 9pm: Dinner at Johnny Sanchez. This was close to where we were staying and I loved my meal here. The vibe of this restaurant was so fun and the food was amazing. I got their house margarita, the cauliflower taco and steak taco. SO GOOD!!!
On Friday morning we all slept and got ready until about 10:30am. We walked over to the Ruby Slipper for brunch and put our name down while we walked around, and headed to the mall haha.
- 12:30pm: Brunch at The Ruby Slipper. We talked and chatted for hours I’m pretty sure and had the most amazing brunch here. I got this tex-mex scramble and their cinnamon pancakes. Plus a mimosa, always hah! Highly recommend and they have multiple locations in all the different areas/neighborhoods in Nola.
- 2:30pm-5pm: We drove around the Garden district, took photos, walked magazine street, window shopped, all the things haha! Walking magazine street is such a blast and so many cute places to stop into.
- 5pm: Happy hour at the Carousel bar. Kelsie took us to this bar and it was so fun! Also jam packed!! I got a Pimms Cup for my drink and it was delish.
- 9pm: Dinner at Jack Rose. So I didn’t realize this until we left but this is the amazing restaurant inside The Pontchartrain hotel. That’s where Josh and I stayed when we visited and it was amazing. Jack Rose is very well known and probably one of the coolest, aesthetically-pleasing restaurants. They also have this pink couch and gallery wall with a painting of Lil Wayne hahah. This is a must when visiting! If you visit, you also gotta go up to the rooftop bar at the hotel and grab a drink. The views, vibe, and everything about it are amazing. It was Josh and I’s favorite thing to do each night.
- 11pm: Nightlife on Bourbon street. We had to do Bourbon at least once! It’s always such a show and very interesting haha. We popped into the Beach on Bourbon bar and just walked to the end. It was PLENTY for me lol!
- 10:30am: Brunch at Cafe Beignet. So if it’s your first time, you MUST do Cafe Du Monde. We had a brand lunch afterwards and didn’t want to wait in the line so we did Cafe Beignet which I also love so much.
- 12pm: Meeting and Styling with Hemline Nola and then lunch with them at Meauxbar. This was so fun and I got to meet a bunch of girls! We all picked out an outfit, took photos, looked around the store, and then headed for a fun lunch to celebrate their birthday.
- Afternoon: Naps/ relaxing. We were SO exhausted I had to take a nap haha. It was also storming so it worked out perfectly.
- 5pm: Magazine street for shooting. A few of the girls and I needed more pictures so we headed back to Magazine Street to work a little, snap some pics, and grab some Starbucks.
- 9pm: Dinner at Josephine Estelle. Such a gorgeous restaurant with very fabulous and unique meals. It’s more on the italian side so lots of pasta dishes, and steak!
After dinner, half of us had super early flights on Sunday so we headed back to our place to pack and head to bed. I had SUCH a fun weekend with these ladies and can’t wait to see them again. Thanks for reading!