Last weekend Josh and I had the pleasure of getting to hang in Fort Worth, Texas for a couple of days. I’ve been to Fort Worth a few times for events but have never spent much time there. We had so much fun doing a mini staycation out of Dallas. Such an easy drive and feels like you’re away from the big city!
Wanted to share what we did in today’s post and a few recommendations if you’re visiting soon. We stayed Downtown Fort Worth and we are SHOCKED at how clean and nice their “downtown” is. Such a safe and gorgeous small city!
The Sinclair Autograph Collection- We stayed at the new Sinclair hotel right downtown. It’s perfectly located right next to Sundance Square in the heart of the city. You can literally walk everywhere!
This hotel just had their grand opening in January and I am so impressed! It’s the first smart hotel in North America and let me just tell y’all, Josh and I had WAY too much fun playing with all the touch screens in the room haha.
Such a chic hotel and it’s very high tech. The rooms have touch screens that control everything, including the showers (that you can make different colors!). They also have this touch screen mirror in the bathroom that you can check the weather on, play music on, and all the things. The vibe is very art deco style and we LOVED IT. Some other things I wanted to point out about The Sinclair:
- Amazing Rooftop with gorgeous city view and bar
- Very chic and western restuarant inside called The Wicked Butcher
- Fitness center with Italian Technogym equipment
- The first building in the world to replace a diesel generator and backup power source with a lithium ion battery pack
We will definitely be back to this hotel- if you’re looking for a spot to stay next time, HIGHLY recommend. You won’t be disappointed!
- Funkytown Donuts– We stopped here on our way out Sunday and O M G. First of all, it’s adorable inside, but second of all, it’s DELICIOUS. The donuts are funky + their latte’s were amazing.
- Yolk– Incredible breakfast spot! If you download yelp you can put your name on the waitlist in the morning. We waited an hour and a half haha!
- Joe T Garcia’s– A MUST in Fort Worth. Literally everyone talks about this place! Delicious margaritas and the easiest menu.
- Sundance Square– I put this as a general thing but Sundance square is walking distance from the hotel and they have A BUNCH of restaurants.
- Thompson’s- This is the coolest spot! Right downtown and it’s an old bookstore that they turned into a prohibition-style bar. Such a neat drink menu too. If you look up their FB page, you can grab the password and go over to the secret bookcase door to go down to their amazing speakeasy. Very fun atmosphere!
- Atico– Our friends brought us here on Saturday and it’s above a hotel, on the rooftop. It’s decorated SO amazing and they have this delicious sangria.
- Branch & Bird– Didn’t make it here but it’s a great stop I’ve heard about with gorgeous views!
- The Amber Room– Also didn’t make it here but this is another speakeasy style bar.
I couldn’t NOT have a dedicated coffee section. I’m always searching for cool coffee spots.
- Craftwork– Went here and it’s adorable inside. Very clean and loved the Matcha Latte I got.
- Brewed– There’s one on Magnolia St as well and serves food, brunch, and drinks on top of coffee.
- Sundance Square- Located downtown and filled with shopping and restaurants.
- Stockyards- For a fun night out!! VERY honky tonk haha.
- Magnolia St- Really cute street with some shops and this really cool airstream plan shop called Grow.
You can do quite a lot in a weekend in Fort Worth, Texas. Another spot I wanted to mention that I’ve been to once before, is the Shops at Clearfork. More of a drive from downtown, but very fabulous and fun to walk around, shop, and eat at.
Thanks for stopping by AMS today and have the best weekend! xo