Flowy Winter Dress

purple winter flowy dresspurple dress in the winter
winter in dallas in a flowy dress sitting in a courtyard in a flowy dress

flowy free people dress in winter
^about 90% of my photos are taken like this always lol

purple and suede in the winter cute picnic table in dallas dallas girl in the winter at a courtyard black and gold earrings in the winter pretty purple dress and suede style purple flowy dress from summer to winter monogram and gold details for the winter
from summer to winter styling a dress

I have a little story for y’all.

When I’m home, I try to get my sister to take some of my blog photos… I always think it will be great bonding time, and then we go and do it and it turns into a disaster. Every time I look at each of these photos I just laugh because I can remember exactly what was happening behind the scenes.

We were in public, as people kept passing by we were yelling at each other.. (keep in mind it was like 25 degrees this day and we were FREEZING, and not in great moods) but this is how it went:

Me: “Anna….. are you focusing the camera?”

“You’re NOT focusing the camera Anna”

“Can you LISTEN to me!!!!??”

Anna: “Audrey let me do what I want”

“Be quiet I’m not listening to you”

“I’m cold, can you freaking HURRY”

Oh the joys of a little sister… but I love her… and I’m just thankful  she says yes to taking my photos.

I love flowy dresses… They’re fun and flirty. This one is more of a summer dress, but to me it’s in a winter color so that means it’s acceptable to wear in the winter right!? #thingsIliketotellmyself

Well, If you want to rock a summer dress you do it. It’s pretty easy to add layers on top of it and make it winter friendly.

We’re halfway through the week! whoohoo!! I’m linking some flowy dresses if y’all want to treat yourself to something for surviving this far through the week. 🙂

Shop The Post:

What I’m wearing:

Flowy Dresses:

1. Annaliese wrote:

Hahaha your story about your sister made me smile- I’m an only child but sometimes my dad takes my photos when I’m home and it reminds me of that!! 🙂 This color purple is so pretty on you!

xoxo A

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  2. Amy wrote:

Haha, at least your sibling attempts to take blog photos for you! My brother won’t even pick up the camera… haha. Thankfully I have my boyfriend to take my photos and knows a thing a two about cameras (yay for film majors!).

p.s. Love your tote! I am in the market for a nice tote and Michael Kors is pretty high on my list!
    Have a great day!

xoxo
    Amy | pastelnpink.blogspot.com

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  3. This happens whenever I have to get my little sister to take pictures for me. She’s always a trooper though ha I love the color of this dress and how you styled it! Great look!

Xo,

Brittany || http://www.prettyandsassy.com

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  4. Elle Spann wrote:

love all the hues in this look! maroon will always be a neutral for me 🙂
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  5. So in love with this dress, the earrings and the location!! Great post, gal!
    xx, Bri || http://www.Neutral2Neon.com

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  6. Elana wrote:

I love your outfit. I’d love to see a post on how you style your hair. You always have the perfect, bouncy waves.

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Thank you Elana!! You are so sweet, I’ll definitely add a post like that to the list 🙂

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  7. karen wrote:

haha – that’s so funny about your sister! And loving that dress… so cute and flattering!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  8. Addie wrote:

Those colored tights bring the outfit together so well! Such a cute way to bring your dress into the winter style!

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  9. Charlene wrote:

Great dress!! I think that if my sister was to take my photos we would probably kill each other!! lol
    Charlene xo
    The Frugal Fashionista

Posted 1.13.16 Reply
  10. I love how you styled this with the booties…really cute!

Posted 1.14.16 Reply
  11. Brianne wrote:

Hahaha your story reminds me of myself and my sister! My younger sisters takes my photos sometimes and we’re always arguing back and forth..lovingly of course 😉 At the end of the day it’s always fun just to be together!

Xo, Brianne

Posted 1.14.16 Reply
  12. Kayleigh wrote:

Love that little purple dress and how you transitioned it to winter!

Posted 1.14.16 Reply
  13. Amanda R wrote:

Haha that story is the best. You do what you gotta do in this cold weather, that’s for sure!! And I seriously LOVE everything about this outfit. I can’t even pick one thing I like the most. Everything rocks!! <3

xoxo,
    Amanda | http://www.TheChambrayBunny.com

Posted 1.14.16 Reply
  14. You look so fantastic, and I’m a big fan of this flowy dress. I love dresses that are comfortable & are perfect for this time of year at the same time. Adore the entire outfit! xx adaatude.com

Posted 1.14.16 Reply
  15. I always have similar conversations with my little sisters when they take my blog photos–it’s always an adventure! Also, that dress is darling, especially when paired with those boots.

Posted 1.15.16 Reply
  16. I love how you’ve styled this dress. It gives me hope that I can turn some of my more Spring dresses into something totally gorgeous year round. Oh, and your blooper photo is too funny!! I have about a million that look just like that. 🙂

Cameron Proffitt

Posted 1.15.16 Reply
  17. Loved this story! Taking blog photos in the freezing cold can be horrible, but it’s always awesome to have family members who are willing to put up with the cold for a bit to help us grow our blogs!

Posted 1.20.16 Reply