W O W. I donut about you, but I’m feelin’ 22. 😉 CUE ALL TAYLOR SWIFT MUSIC TODAY. Y’all know I had to throw that in there haha. It’s my #TSWIFT year. But really though, how many of y’all are shocked I’m only 22? So many that follow have reached out and asked how old I am, or say things about college assuming I graduated years ago and it’s hilarious to me. People always think I’m 25 or 26. Pretty sure most blogging friends think I’m 23 or 24 too hahahaha. I even did a poll and so many of y’all said 26 or 28. Oops…. but NOPE, today I’m 22. Man, how is it that I’ve only been legally drinking for a year? LOL. I honestly feel like I’m turning 27 or 28 today. I feel way older than I am. (is that good or bad???)
Anyways, yay! Birthday!! Today I’m getting a birthday facial, I got to see my mom last weekend, and Josh and I are going to dinner tonight after work. I had this whole exciting post and idea planned but can I be honest? I’ve been in a funk about my birthday this year. I debated sharing this because it sounds silly but here we go. I’m in a weird stage of life. I’ve been sharing this with close friends the past 6 months who all agree too. If you are older, was year 22, 23, and 24 weird? We’re like in between college and adult. I can’t help but think about my birthday last year with a house full of my favorite people on my birthday, I was still in school, and just remember being so excited about that birthday and how my friends celebrated me all month long.
This year, majority of my girlfriends have graduated and/or moved away. One of my best friends is in Austin, tons of friends are in Dallas, and I actually have to work on my birthday because I’m an adult now. #millennialproblems. What happened to skipping class for your bday and drinking on a Tuesday night? I’m graduated but my fiance is still in school, my 2 other best friends that are here (thank god) are in school still, and I have friends much older than me with sweet kids and families. I’m just feeling weird. I’m in that in between stage where friends are gone yet still in school, some people are starting families and huge adult lives. It’s just a birthday so it doesn’t really matter but when I think about all the past years, this one is the first where it’s really different. I’m so grateful for my fiance for taking me out tonight and I know this is just part of growing up and understanding your birthday can’t be celebrated for more than a day, and you can’t skip class or work, and your best friends may not live with you or by you anymore. But I would be lying if I said I haven’t felt a little down about it. But like everything else, I like to accept my feelings and move on.
SO. Today, I’m working, and it’s gonna be a great day. I’m only 22 and there is SO MUCH life ahead of me. And that’s what I’m celebrating today. Also celebrating and thanking the lord for letting me be here today. I have 8 more years in my twenties and even if right now is just a more laid back, a little weird, and not exactly what I had imagined, there’s SO much ahead of me and so many future adventures I look forward too. For now, I’m thankful for this season of life and I’m being patient.
To end this BDAY POST!!! Here’s 22 things you may not know about me:
1. I’m allergic to ALL nuts. VERY allergic. But I can eat smooth jiffy peanut butter and be fine….. only that peanut butter and it’s weird AF.
2. I grew up in Chapel Hill, NC and my whole entire dads side of the family lives there.
3. I lived in Bentonville, AR for 2 years
4. I hated high school… literally my last year of high school was probably the worst year of my life still to this day.
5. The South of France is one of my favorite spots in the world
6. I graduated a year early with my degree in Public Relations
7. I used to dream of living in Cali or NYC but now can’t imagine living anywhere but Texas
8. I have huge feet and wear a size 10.5 to an 11 in shoes
9. My biggest insecurity is my nose
10. I’ve never had surgery (unless you count having your wisdom teeth out??)
11. If I could have 10 cats I would #catlady and my dream dog is a frenchie or english bulldog
12. I’m a very aggressive driver and always go at least 10 mph over the speed limit. A quality I’m not proud of… lol
13. I was a HUGE party girl my freshman year of college. I cringe thinking about all the alcohol I drank, ways I acted, and how many nights I don’t remember. But….. I grew up and learned SO MUCH after that year.
14. If I had to move anywhere other than Texas it would be Charleston, SC.
15. I’m an introverted extrovert. I can be really shy…. I have a hard time approaching people but once someone talks to me I completely open up.
16. I’m a people pleaser. I care so much about other peoples feelings and often put mine to the side
17. I have a bad habit of cussing a lot …. Y’all probably never knew that if you don’t know me personally lol. I like to keep my IG as PG as possible. My fiancè hates how much I cuss so I’ve tried to be better about it but I just can’t help it sometimes haha!
18. I love rap music. 21 Savage, Cardi B, Travis Scott, Future, I love it all and that’s all I like to listen to!!
19. I’m NOT a judgmental person and I’m VERY open minded. I’m proud that so many people come to me about things in their life and trust I would never judge them.
20. I have a huge sweet tooth!!! I could live off of cookies, ice cream, and sweets. But I’ve never liked soda!
21. I daydream a lot and am always in my head.
22. I’m a girly girl at heart. Never been a boys girl. I can’t get down with sports, guy talk or anything. I’m a girls girl through and through.
That’s it for now!! 22 is going to be a great year, a year with some more changes in my life, and another year of learning and I’m so pumped for it! Thanks for following me, supporting me, and sending me all of your advice. I talk to so many girls through DM on a daily and weekly basis and majority of my followers are older than me so I feel like I basically have 10000 big sisters and it makes my day. THANK YOU again from the bottom of my heart.
Leave a Reply