Writing this post has me wishing I was back! We were in 30A for 5 days last week and it was FABULOUS. So many of y’all recommended the best things to me. THANK YOU. Today I wanted to share what we did on our trip for those interested or those who are visiting for your first time soon as well.
When We Arrived to 30A:
First thing we did after our 12 hour drive…. checked into our place at The Pointe. Head to my latest blog post to read my review on our stay! Since it was about 7pm, we immediately got back in the car and drove around. We stopped to grab pizza from Pizza by the Sea (so delish!) and then headed to Publix and the liquor store of course to grab some things for our week ahead.
- Woke up, ate breakfast and had mimosa’s in our place (loved our stay!)
- Rented bikes and rode around- It was so nice that The Pointe provided us with bikes, it made it so easy on us. We spent an hour just biking to Rosemary beach and looking at all the beautiful homes.
- Headed to the beach and setup our chairs- another fabulous luxury The Pointe provides…. beach service! We headed down to the beach where a beach service guy setup our chairs and umbrella for us… so amazing.
- Lunch @ Cowgirl Kitchen– We stopped by this little lunch spot and had some delicious tacos and frosè…. right by The Pearl and so many restaurant spots.
- Walked around Rosemary beach, Walked inside of Willow boutique, checked out the 30A farmers Market.
- Headed back to the beach for a few hours before getting ready for dinner.
- Dinner at Grayton Seafood! Grayton beach is so awesome and next time I want to explore it a little more.
- Dessert: Ice cream at The Sweet Peddler. (I got brown butter bourbon and oatmeal cookie… AMAZING!)
- Hit the gym for an hour at our resort.
- Grabbed coffee from Big Bad Breakfast– sadly we didn’t get to eat here but it’s apparently a HOT SPOT for breakfast.
- Headed down to the beach for a few hours.
- For lunch we drove to Seaside for a few hours and hit the food trucks in Seaside Square. We ate at: Five Daughters Bakery (delicious pastries), the Meltdown (incredible grilled cheese’s), and Crepe de soleil (famous for their frosè). After, we walked down to Seaside beach, and shopped around the area. We stopped into Mercantile which is one of my mom’s favorite shops there so I had to stop by.
- Dinner at Surfing Deer– the most incredible meal. Pretty expensive but so worth it. I got the fish of the day wherever we ate and the meal here was amazing. We also started with the clothesline bacon which was INCREDIBLE.. best bacon I’ve ever had and the display was amazing.
- Ice cream at The Sweet Peddler on 30A…. seriously couldn’t stop with the ice cream here, we tried multiple ice cream stops and this was my favorite.
- Breakfast: coffee and donuts from Charlies Donuts– This donut spot was amazing. We let them pick our dozen and we all were in sugar coma’s this day haha.
- Beach for a few hours!!
- Seaside for lunch- We went back to Seaside to explore more. We ate at Pickles and their fried pickles were truly BOMB. I will say, the service wasn’t that great and the other food was mediocre but I’d go back for those pickles haha. After, we stopped by Frost Bites, another airstream truck, for ice cream and snow cones!!
- After, we headed back to our beach chairs for the afternoon.
- Dinner in Seaside @ bud and alleys. We travelled into Seaside quite a bit haha… thankfully just a 20 min drive. We had some college friends in town at the same time we were there so we met them for dinner at Bud & Alley’s. They have a nice restaurant down below or you can walk up to the rooftop bar area they have, which is open seating but so awesome to watch the sunset at.
- Dessert: The Sugar Shak. Finally made it to this stop! Candy and fudge GALORE. I still loved the Sweet Peddler’s ice cream more, but this candy shop was so fun!!
- Hit the gym first thing…. then got ready for breakfast!
- Biked to Alys Beach for an Acaì bowl and juice at Raw and Juicy. Unfortunately the bowl had nuts in it (i’m allergic) and I had an awful allergic reaction/ stomach ache all day long.
- On our frantic bike ride back along 30A to get me medicine, we did manage to pullover to some of the beach stores in Rosemary beach to grab some Seacrest pullovers lol.
- Spent day in bed…. Seriously STINKED on our last day.
- Around 4pm I finally got up the energy to hit the beach one more time. I was so sad that Josh had to sit inside with me so I got my booty up for him haha!
- Around 6:30pm I started feeling a tad bit better… we ran over to Destin Ice Market 30A for fresh fish to grill.
- We grilled at our place and made delicious fish, hot dogs, and had some sides.
- And of course…. The sweet peddler for dessert HA. This girl lovessss her sweets.
Other Recs we didn’t have time for:
- Drinks at The Pearl
- La Crema
- Cafe Thirty-A
- Great Southern Cafe
- Fish out Of Water
- The Bay
- Perfect Pig
- Donut Place
We had A BLAST here. Rosemary beach, 30A, really everything is just STUNNING. I’m so glad we decided to go last minute. I’m always so grateful for every trip I get with Josh, they are the best memories. Thanks for reading and have a fantastic week. XO
Check out our Vlog From The Trip: