I have never been more glad that it’s the weekend! I’ve had the longest week consisting of work, work, and work. But really though.. I am exhausted! I’m taking this weekend to really relax and chill.
We all know, when summer comes around, we are either not wearing makeup, or the makeup we do wear is melting off the second we walk outside. (at least it’s like that in Texas) I have to wear makeup daily because I work in an office and I’m also always on the go. The past few summers I’ve tried so many products to see what works and what doesn’t and these are the products I swear by!
1. What you put under your makeup is always the first step and the most important. Porefessional primer is great because it smoothes my pores and creates a nice base so my face products glide on flawlessly.
2. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is incredible. It’s a full coverage foundation so if you’re not into that don’t go for it! The texture of this foundation dries to more of a powder but it’s matte and locks in so you can count on it not budging throughout the day.
3. Since I go in with a fairly heavy foundation I love a super lightweight concealer. This one is cheap from the drugstore and looks flawless because it does not crease. It highlights too!
4. Eyebrows.are.a.must. If you don’t fill in your eyebrows a little bit…. try it and it will be life changing! I never thought this was necessary nor did I see the point until I tried it a year ago. I’ve tried tons of brow products and nothing is worse than your brows sliding off through the day. #embarrassing. This brow gel is waterproof so it stays on all.day. I promise!
5. Blush is tricky. It’s hard to find a color that has the power to stay on all day. Cream blush is your friend in the summer because it sticks to your skin way better than powder blushes. This one specifically is bold and pigmented. Dab and blend for a rosy color that will last.
6. After all of your liquid face products are on, make sure you set everything! THIS IS SO IMPORTANT. If you don’t set your makeup, it won’t look the same 2 hours later. Set with a translucent powder, this is best for the summer.
7. I love bronzer in the summer. I steer away from it in the winter but always return once the sun comes back out. Bronzer tends to stay on very well, so I wanted to give y’all a hint on one I use. This bronzer is SO CHEAP. Get it from the drugstore and you’ll never want to purchase a bronzer over $5 ever again.
8. WATERPROOF MASCARA. This one specifically doesn’t budge at all. But typically any mascara that says waterproof works the same way.
9. I love a pink or a nude lip color in the summer. The Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams are smoothing but dry matte so the formula really sticks to your skin. These are also very affordable.
Hope this helps y’all who were maybe wondering how to keep your makeup on your face on a hot summer day 🙂
Love your makeup picks especially Professional and Anastasia!
Thank you Cris!! <3 those two are the absolute best
Audrey, what shade of the anastasia brow gel do you use? I have always thought about doing this but afraid i would end up looking like my eyebrows were drawn on! Lol! May just give it a try though! I think we would probably wear the same shade! Thanks!
I am in the shade Soft Brown… I got that shade when I had darker brown hair, and was nervous it would be to dark since I've lightened it but I use a light hand when applying it and it looks great!! You should give it a try I think you would love it, just apply lightly and they won't look like they were drawn on haha 🙂
Valery Brennan says
Love all of these tips! I could LIVE in NYX soft matte lip creams and they come in SO many shades!
Thank you Valery!! <3 omg same!! they're incredible and they stay on forever!! I need more shades haha xx