2015, That’s A Wrap

2015, You’ve been great. You had a rough start, the first 6 months… But then you changed a lot in my life, (for the better) the last 6 months. This past year has been a challenging, yet, incredible year. I have never figured myself out, nor been my true self ever, than during 2015. Like every year, there are always hardships. The past 3 years have been continuous hardships for myself, but as I’ve prayed and kept my faith, God brought the best 6 months of my life thus far, in 2015.

January- June 2015

senior high school picture 2015

^lol, the serious senior portrait

dallas graduate

I was finishing up high school during these months…. If you read my blog from the start, you would know I did NOT like high school. Here’sΒ a brief story about it. So, I didn’t really care for those first 6 months of this year, and they hurt a lot. It’s taken a lot of time for me to get past it all, and honestly, all of the memories have become a blur so I wouldn’t even know what was good and bad.

June-December 2015

monte carlo france young girl in france at eiffel tower blogger in Nice, France 2015 yummy dinner in france

But June 2015, my life took a 360 turn. Summer, in specific, was the best summer of my life. I traveled a lot, which was what really helped me put high school in the past and focus on what I really wanted in my life the next four years. I got to travel to multiple places in Europe, which was a life changing experience. That was the first major thing I wanted to do in my life, and I was able to check it off the list.

the city of montreal quebec three girls at Osheaga music festival Osheaga festival day 2 hipster girls in canada

I was able to travel to Lake Muskoka, to visit my Canadian friends, and Montreal, Quebec to attend a 3 day music festival. I was so so so happy, and definitely got my life on the right track that I wanted.

Then, In August, I moved to college.

bid day at texas tech pumpkin patch with sorority friends zeta tau alpha initiation zeta tau alpha presentation 2015sorority girls on bid day
college homecoming with zeta tau alpha 2015

I rushed the BEST sorority, met the best friends ever, got my amazing big, and began life on my own. Although, of course I got homesick, and made stupid choices… I still had the best time of my life my first semester.

I have such high hopes for myself, and this blog during 2016. I want to thank all of you for keeping up with it, as I only started it last June. Thank you for supporting me, and sending such kindness my way. I’m ending 2015 with my best friends, and I cannot thank them, my family, and God enough for bringing me such amazing things during 2015.

xoxo, talk to y’all in 2016.

1. I’m so happy that the end of 2015 turned out to be much better for you! These are such gorgeous photos. Cheers to 2016!

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
  2. Annaliese wrote:

I feel like I can relate so much to this post!! I absolutely hated high school and my high school years… so much so that I really don’t even like visiting my hometown now on school breaks haha. College completely changed my life (and even more so when I transferred sophomore year and joined a sorority πŸ™‚ ). So glad that you had an amazing end to your year!!

XOXO A

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

YES!! high school was such a pain.. so happy things are better for you now too πŸ™‚ Thanks girl!

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
  3. Jenny wrote:

Congrats on an amazing end to 2015!
    I am glad to hear you love your sorority, I loved mine in college too.
    Also jealous of your Europe adventures.

xoxo, Jenny

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
  4. Congratulations on a wonderful first semester! College is a great time to out the past behind you and find your true self. It sounds like you’re right on track. I know 2016 will continue to be wonderful for you as well!

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Thanks so much!!! yes, I sure hope so..

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
  5. Cassie wrote:

So glad to hear that the last half of 2015 was great and I hope all of 2016 is even better!! Best of luck to you and your blog!

Cassie

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Thank you Cassie!! Best of luck to you as well!

Posted 12.31.15 Reply
  6. Sami wrote:

I’m delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic year. I’m excited to see all that you do in 2016!

Xoxox

Posted 1.1.16 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Thank you Sami, means a lot!

Posted 1.2.16 Reply
  7. Elana wrote:

I’m so glad that the year ended up on such a high note! Joining a sorority was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Posted 1.1.16 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Sorority life is incredible! Thanks Elana

Posted 1.2.16 Reply
  8. I’m happy your year ended so well! You look super happy in those photos and I can’t wait to see what’s next for you and your blog in 2016!

Posted 1.1.16 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

aww thank you Alexis! So sweet!

Posted 1.2.16 Reply
  9. Jordyn wrote:

I’m glad the second half of 2015 was so much better than the first part. I really didn’t enjoy the last year of high school either so I can relate! (:

Posted 1.3.16 Reply
  10. I’m so glad that you had an amazing year, pan love! Joining a sorority has given me my lifelong friends

Posted 1.3.16 Reply
  11. Wow congrats on everything you’ve accomplished. So happy that you’re year turned around. And I really enjoyed the pictures you shared. Can’t wait to see what you share with us in 2016. Have a great year xoxoxo ❀️

Posted 1.3.16 Reply
  12. I love that the last half of the year was such an antithesis to the beginning. High school can be rough, and it’s amazing that you were able to turn it around so much with a trip to Europe and starting college. I loved traveling to Europe and I also love college. I definitely encourage you to travel as much as you can while you’re still in school and even study abroad if you can! I hope your 2016 is even more incredible for you. Happy New Year!

Posted 1.3.16 Reply
    • Audrey wrote:

Thanks Tiffany!! Am definitely spending my money on travel and looking into study abroad… they sound amazing!

Posted 1.3.16 Reply
  13. Sara Kate wrote:

Aw, I’m sorry that high school was a pain, but college is the best. Loved hearing about your travels!! I can’t wait to continue to follow along.

PS – My company, Frill Clothing, would love to dress your sorority!! We have options for recruitment (both individually and as a chapter), block letter shirts, graphic tees and more! Let me know if you want more info!

xo,