Happy Monday sweet friends! I had a crazy busy weekend filled with my best girlfriends. I loved it but am ready to hit the books this week and get on top of things.
I got SO much feedback throughout my whole trip to New Orleans about my outfits, and suggestions to post what we did. We had a BLAST there and definitely recommend it to everyone. We stayed 5 days, with 3 full days in the city. It’s a place of fun, music, and AMAZING food. So here’s our itinerary:
New Orleans Itinerary – Day 1
This was a driving day. We chose to drive because it wasn’t too terribly long (we drive 6 hours a lot from LBK to DFW so this wasn’t a terrible drive for us). We chose to stay in the Garden District which is just a few blocks away from downtown New Orleans and a short drive. I’m SO glad we did and I really recommend it. It’s less busy, so much cuter, and has lots around it.
- Drove 8 hours: Got to the hotel around 6:30pm
- Checked into The Pontchartrain Hotel (sooo cute, in the Garden District)
- Walked around a little bit to see the neighborhood we were in.
- Ate at Slice, in Garden District. I got the prosciutto pizza and it was fabulous.
New Orleans Itinerary – Day 2: French Quarter
Our first full day! We woke up early to start our day and headed straight to the French Quarter and pretty much stayed there ALL day.
- Walked to Café Du Monde
- Walked through place right by it and all through French quarter
- Ate at House of Jax: Drinks and jalapeno poppers!
- Went to bourbon street to sit down on a fun patio. The people outside actually were crazy and somehow convinced us to go in but we had a blast.
- Mother’s for Dinner
We also went to Bourbon Street at night to experience it! We liked it and had fun listening to music buttttt we are seriously like old grandparents and think going to bed at 10pm and watching movies is way more fun LOL. So, we did Bourbon for a good hour and a half and went home… and didn’t go again haha.
New Orleans Itinerary Day 3: Bike Riding Fun
This day we wanted to get in some things on our to-do list instead of walking around aimlessly. We started in the French Quarter and ended in the Garden District. This was my FAVORITE day. Simply because we ate at the best places and rode bikes all around the prettiest neighborhoods as well as Magazine St.
- Café Beignet
- We Rented bikes:
- Biked all through Garden district & Magazine St.
- Affogato bar: Ice Cream with a shot of espresso on it. SO freaking good and I’m craving it while writing this.
- Dinner at Willa Jean: Amazing atmosphere and really unique, good food.
- Rooftop bar at hotel: This was the best thing about our hotel. You get a full skyline view of downtown NOLA and the bridge. The view is simply stunning and the bar is so neat and has a young vibe.
New Orleans Itinerary Day 4: A Day of FOOD
We stayed in the Garden District this day to shoot a bunch of things and get in our last minute food destinations. Magazine St. is right by our hotel and is full of restaurants, and the MOST ADORABLE boutiques. They’re decorated beautifully, like everyone I went into I was like, can I move in here??
- Breakfast: Trolley Station Café (Not good, don’t recommend!!! We just wanted something quick and it was right next to the hotel but we regret it right after hahaha)
- Walked Garden District
- Lafayette Cemetary
- Magazine St: Sucre for a Sundae, went into all the boutiques, people watched.
- Late lunch at Commanders Palace: 25 cent martinis and such a fun experience
- Walked Magazine St. More
- Dinner at Joey K’s (On diners, drive ins, and dives) One of our favorite restuarants there and was casual, affordable, and DELICIOUS food.
- Ice cream at Creole Creamery: So many fun flavors, including alchoholic ones.
New Orleans Itinerary Day 5
We woke up and checked out by 10am. We had one last breakfast place on our list that was right in the Garden District. We waited about an hour and got into Surrey’s. Which was amazing and a serious must-do when you’re there!
Then we made the drive home. We had the best time ever with this New Orleans itinerary and NOLA is such a fun and easy trip to make from Texas. Did you catch the first day’s outfit post?
Shop The Post:
Romper (sold out) but similar below! Necklace: Taudrey
Sounds like you had a great trip! New Orleans is on my list of places I want to travel to so when I plan my trip I will have to check back here since you listed a bunch of awesome places to eat and things to do!
xoxo Madeline | http://www.theblackbarcode.com
Ashley Zeal says
I miss New Orleans so much! I was there for the Super Bowl a few years ago. Never made it to Du Monde unfortunately 🙁
Katie Stuart says
I’ve never been to NOLA before, but this is really making me want to go! Also that romper looks adorable on you!
XO Katie // allGLAMMEDup
I loved following along on SC and IG stories! Looks like you guys had a blast and you looked so darn cute the entire time!
Beauty With Lily
Jenna Colgrove says
Now I wanna go!!
Anna Baun says
This is too cute! I so need a trip back to NOLA! Loving your to-do’s! XO
Anna || alilyloveaffair.com
I love this! I have never been to New Orleans, but I definitely need to go! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Missy @MySh!ttyKitchen says
Good choice staying in the Garden District. I just love that rooftop bar there to pieces! I went to lunch a few Fridays ago at Commanders too, wonder if we were there at the dame time? That romper is too cute!
Sounds like ya’ll had fun and got lots of great food stops in!
This is such a great guide for such a beautiful city! Sounds like you had fun! xx
Sounds like a super fun trip!!! I would love to go there one day.
You make me want to go to New Orleans! I haven’t been in ages!
Your romper is so so cute! Also, LOVE your new site design- it is so cute and girly- right up my alley! 🙂
Sweetly, Sally // http://www.sweetlysally.com
I’ve never been, but it sounds so much fun! Love the look!
xoxo Mandy | http://www.sparkleshinylove.com
Life of a Sister says
I have always wanted to go here…and I need that romper when I go! 🙂