It’s FRIDAY! I’m right smack dab in the middle of midterms, projects, and quizzes so this weekend is devoted to school :/. That’s okay though! I never mind down time or weekends that allow me to breathe haha. But to make things a little exciting today I wanted to share my TOP 5 foundations. They’re all for different price points and each different levels of coverage. So hopefully if you’re on the hunt for foundation, one of these is bound to work 🙂
I could honestly talk makeup all day. It fascinates me! I’m no beauty guru though, I just like to test products for myself and see what works with my skin. Everyone is so different and you have to find what works for you! But I’m happy to share my favorite foundations and maybe y’all will love one of these too.
A little background on what kind of foundations I prefer… I have normal/dry skin. Sometimes oily in the summer. I have sensitive skin and am pretty pale! I like a full coverage foundation that doesn’t look like you’re wearing a lot. I like a full coverage because I would rather do one pump and spread it evenly than a sheer foundation and do 2-3 coats of it. I don’t care for matte foundations as they make my face look like a wall with no personality haha. I like a balance of matte and glowy, which is hard to find! I’m a face product junkie, y’all know from my concealer post. But, I’m weird and like a different foundation for every occasion. I like one for school/errands/day to day, I like one for shooting, one for night outs with Josh or friends, and always like a drug store and a high end.
Top 5 Foundations:
- Covergirl Outlast All-day 3 in 1 foundation: I would be lying if I didn’t say this is the holy grail of holy grail. I tell all of my friends about this when they want an affordable foundation. I’ve used this foundation since I was 15 years old. NO JOKE. This has never wronged me. A little bit goes a long way and the finish of this foundation is beautiful. Plus, I’ve tried a lot of high end foundations that I adore but nothing stays as long as this one. This will last on your skin for at least 24 hours y’all. It’s more full coverage but I’ll do one pump for a medium coverage look or two for a full face of foundation that covers EVERY scar or pimple. The best thing about it? It’s $12!!! I love the wide range of colors they offer too. I believe Covergirl recently changed the packaging of this foundation and it’s not updated on the site yet. The one photographed is the one you will find in-stores. They’re the same thing!
- NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation: To start, if you have oily skin I would not recommend this for you. If you have normal or dry skin, this is one awesome foundation. It’s on the pricier side… at $50 but 100% worth it. This one is my go-to for photo shoots. Like the name of it, it’s luminous and gives your skin a gorgeous subtle glow. This one is medium to full coverage and lasts 6-8 hours for me. I typically always grab this for nights out, special occasions, and when I take my photos. It photographs beautifully!
- It-Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream: I’ve used this the last 5 months and it’s one of my favorites that I know I will keep buying. This foundation is A LOT more coverage than I thought for a “cc cream.” But it feels like you’re wearing nothing on your skin and blends so amazing to give you that ‘no makeup, makeup look.’ I didn’t buy this for the longest time because I figured it was super sheer. It’s most definitely not! This is my go-to for class, work, errands, etc. It’s the most perfect every day foundation. I don’t like it for photos, or going out because it has SPF in it which never looks good in photos. So if you’re on the hunt for a good day-to-day foundation that offers great coverage, feels like your not wearing makeup, lasts all day…. Here’s your foundation, gal!
- Naked Skin Foundation: This is one that’s fairly new to me. But it was love at first sight and I had to share. I feel the very same about this as I do the It-cosmetics foundation. I thought this would be light coverage, it’s not. It feels like you’re not wearing any makeup yet gives you a flawless finish. For $40 this foundation is so worth it for an every day foundation that lasts and does not oxidize. For some reason this foundation packaging looks SO DARK…. it’s not that dark when it comes out haha so if you go try to find your color, actually test the product on your hand. I find that this one looks great in photos and has buildable coverage. You can easily take this foundation from day to night.
- Lune + Aster BB Cream: Last but not least… this one caters to all my girls who love a dewy foundation look. This is for y’all that have more DRY skin. I fell in love with this BB cream over summer. It’s medium-full buildable coverage. It looks absolutely stunning on the skin. Buttttt, here’s the catch, you have to be careful with this and really blend it in and use a good powder to set it. It’s very oily and gives you the most amazing glow but it can also look annoyingly shiny on the skin. The finish it gives when you use it right and set it right, is unbeatable! But making sure you have a good powder and the skin to wear this foundation is crucial. It feels amazing on, and is an awesome daytime and summer foundation. I will probably put this away during the colder months or until my skin gets extremely dry, which it usually does. This is quite a pricey BB cream: $48 but I’m telling y’all, it’s the MOST beautiful on during the day and brings your skin to life!
I will probably continue to purchase all of these foundations every year as I run out because I love them so much. I have others I do love but these STAY as my top 5 each and every time. Real quick, I wanted to touch on the tools I use to apply my foundations. I go back and forth between my beauty blender or my flat kabuki brush. I find that the beauty blender gives a more natural finish and really blends the foundation in. The kabuki brush is faster to use, and I prefer to use at night when I’m going for a full coverage look because it’s the best tool to build foundation with.
Let me know if you have any questions in regards to these foundations or how to use a foundation brush/beauty blender. I’m always so happy to help! 🙂 XO
Cosmetic bag: Graphique De France
Summer Lee says
The It Cosmetics CC cream is my FAVE- I use it on the daily!!