It’s a new week, let’s get it! This week is going to be a busy, but good one. If you follow along on IG, I share a little bit of insight on our meals every once in awhile. I don’t really follow a strict diet but I try to eat as plant-based as possible as well as tons of protein. I try to eat some sort or fruits and veggies daily but my body also requires a ton of protein in it. Josh and I eat ground beef, ground turkey, or chicken with every meal. I also love a good Salmon night, we try to eat that at least once a week.
I struggle with stomach/ digestion issues so I’m supposed to follow a low-fodmap diet which is where I get a lot of my dinner recipes from but a lot of things I’m supposed to stay away from I still eat haha. I like to think I have a pretty healthy diet. The only thing I haven’t improved on is my sugar intake. I have a major sweet tooth and HAVE to eat something sweet every night. Sometimes I’m eating a Twix bar (oops) other nights it’s a fruit bowl with cacao nibs on it. Balance right? Lol.
I wanted to round up and list my frequent meals lately on here and also at the bottom is a look into my grocery list. So, here’s what I eat:
During the week, I’m rushing to get out the door for work. I usually don’t eat breakfast at home and will eat at the office so it’s kind of just small meals or something easy I can take with me.
- Toast with butter or jam
- Kashi blueberry cluster cereal
- Yogurt and granola
For lunches, I also like to keep easy and as healthy as possible. A lot of times I make double the dinner so I can store it to eat as leftovers for lunch, but when I don’t here are some things I like to make:
- Turkey Sandwich (We have a panini maker I use too… game changer)
- Sweet potato with fruit
- Turkey/bean burgers
- Smoothie (I usually eat some deli meat with this and it fills me up)
- Avocado toast with tuna
Dinner is typically always different. But at the same time we eat a lot of the same items on rotation. I usually make a crock pot chicken every other week, we always do a night of salad, Josh loves a good taco night, and then we also try to eat veggies and chicken majority of the time. I will say, sometimes we do lasagna and chicken spaghetti and SUPER yummy meals like that too lol.
- Chicken and squash/zucchini
- Tacos with ground turkey on corn tortillas
- Cauliflower rice stir fry
- Salad- We do spring mix lettuce with onions, avocado, tomato, and corn with boathouse farms avocado and cilantro dressing.
- Salmon (Usually with a side of rice, or sweet potato fries)
- Pasta (whole grain/wheat) and chicken
- I make a crockpot chicken every other week as well that we will use for salads, eat alone, or pair with rice/pasta.
- Baked chicken with side of broccoli, Brussel sprouts, spinach, etc.
- Veggie stir fry with a side of brown or Mexican rice
- Spaghetti Squash
I’m a late-night snacker. You won’t really see me snacking away on chips and such during the day. But once 8 or 9pm hits…. oh it’s on. Haha!! It’s something I want to get better about but.its.so.hard. I’ve tried to cut out the chips at night which I’m actually pretty good about. But I HAVE to have a little chocolate or sweet something. I make these healthy oatmeal cookies which are full of superfoods. The contain: oatmeal, flaxseed, chia seed, banana, agave, dark chocolate, hemp seed) so they’re pretty good for you. I will make these every other week and have one at night with my bedtime tea. To list my other snacks I’ll eat during the day or before bed:
- Fruit. Lots of it. Always raspberries and strawberries. Lately been obsessed with golden kiwi.
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Pirate’s booty (My choice of chip… a little healthier than Doritos haha)
- Fruit bowl: This has been my favorite lately. I cut up some strawberries and raspberries to a bowl, sprinkle some agave and cacao nibs and it’s DELICIOUS
- Talenti Sorbet
- Chocolate and banana smoothie (I use cacao powder for chocolate to make it a little healthier)
Typical Grocery List
Of course, our grocery list changes each week based on meals but I wanted to show y’all how I plan haha. We plan around 3 stores I love. Sprouts, Costco and then either Walmart, Target, or Market Street. Whichever I’m feeling or closest too. I like the produce at Sprouts, they’re the best. We also get our fish from Sprouts and any gluten-free or soy-free items. I like getting pantry items from Walmart/Target/Market Street because that’s the best bang for our buck as well, plus they have more variety. And we use Costco to bulk buy fruit and get our meat from.
As you can see, I try to make sure it’s majority healthy items. OF course, we’re busy, Josh is still in school, so sometimes frozen pizzas, goldfish, chocolate bars, and burritos end up on the list haha. But I hope this gives y’all an idea on my diet/meal plan for myself and what I eat!