Hello wellness Wednesday! Today I’m breaking down my steps for self tanning. If you’ve never done self tanner at home, it’s seriously so easy. If you’re a beginner though, I would definitely opt for light to medium self tanner options below and gradually go darker. I’ve self tanned for 5 or 6 years now so I always purchase extra dark.
I’m a huge advocate for self tanner because it saves me money from $40 spray tans and it just makes a girl feel GOOD. It gives me an instant confidence boost which is why I self tan pretty regularly. Here’s my steps!
Self Tanning Steps:
- Exfoliate: First thing I personally do is exfoliate. I like to get off any self tanner left over and remove a layer of dead skin cells first. I’m really enjoying Necessaire black scrub exfoliant right now. I also love this one for a more affordable option.
- Shave: Then shave! I’ll shave all over my body since after you apply self tanner, I don’t typically shave my legs for about 7 or 8 days. Therefore, I like to get them as smooth as possible and love my Billie razor.
- Exfoliate and dry brush: One more round of exfoliating (really want clean, shaved skin)
- Moisturize dry /tough areas – After the shower, I apply aloe vera moisturizer (better for self tanning because no oils to strip it) on dry areas like my ankles, heels, knees, elbows, and wrists. Those are the places that typically grab self tanner a little more too.
- Self tanner: From there, I make sure I’m completely dry and pores have closed. I typically wait about 30 mins after the shower and then I go in and apply 1-2 layers all over my body of the Bali Body Ultra dark self tanner.
- Face tanner: I do not put that mousse on my face. Instead, I mix Isle of Paradise dark face tanning drops with a little moisturizer and apply to my face. Make sure you wash your heads really well right after or else you’ll have orange hands in the morning haha.
- Let dry– Put on a robe and let your body dry about 30mins to an hour before putting on clothes.
- Wear dark clothes– I put on dark clothing, and usually joggers because I don’t like my tan to transfer onto my sheets or car.
- Wash off after 8 hours– I usually sleep in my self tanner and shower first thing in the morning! It always washes off to a beautiful tan.
- Moisturize throughout the week– Keep your tan looking beautiful by moisturizing throughout the week with same moisturizer or: Necessaire moisturizer
Those are my steps for a nice sun kissed look right from home. This is what I do year round!