Last weekend we were in Napa Valley, CA and it was SUCH a dream. Ever since I could legally start drinking I’ve wanted to visit Napa. I’ve always been a huge wine lover so I knew it was a place I would enjoy. Let me just tell ya, it did NOT disappoint. It was amazing and would highly recommend for a birthday or couples trip.
Breaking down what we did, how we got there, etc today!
I believe you can fly into San Jose or San Francisco. We flew into SFO and rented a car. We stopped by the pier on our way out of San Fran for lunch I think the place we ate at was called Scoma’s. Then we continued our hour and a half drive! It went by pretty fast and was actually a gorgeous drive.
Where We Stayed-
We chose to stay in Yountville which was such a picture perfect little town. So much to do in walking distance as well. Lots of great restaurants, places to stay, and even had the RH wine vault and restaurant. We stayed on The Estate property at Hotel Villagio. The rooms were amazing, breakfast was available every morning, heated pool, and the interiors were so gorgeous. Next time, I want to check out their spa! You can use code AUDREY15 for a discount on both Hotel Villagio and Vintage House. Valid until the end of 2022.
Where We Ate:
- Bistro Jeanty- Popped in here our first night in and WOW it did not disappoint. Get the escargot it was simply delicious.
- Bottega- Incredible cocktails and pasta!! Super jam packed and quite the hot spot
- La Calenda- We went here our last night because we didn’t want to wait for our late reservations at Ad Hoc. It was okay! Great and easy Cali- Mexican restaurant.
- Ad Hoc- Where we wanted to eat our last night! Had to mention because apparently it’s so delcious.
- Bouchon Bakery- Has a line out to the street at all hours of day! Chocolate croissant and ham sandwich were delicious.
Tip: Book wineries and restaurants immediately. We booked about 2 months ahead of our trip and still struggled at finding prime times for dinner and a few wineries I wanted to visit were completely booked.
Wineries We Visited:
- Del Dotto St. Helena- This was a group favorite! The experience was unique, you basically get a couple of glasses of wine with how many wines you get to taste, and it ends with a delicious pizza! It was the most expensive tasting out of them all but was 100% worth it.
- Darioush- This winery was super unique and cool. The experience was much more fancy as well. You get to do your tasting outside sitting down with some cheeses.
- Whitehall- We popped into this one quickly for a tasting because our friends said it was their favorite wine!
- HALL- Super modern and gorgeous winery. Wine was delicious. We didn’t get much time here but was impressed with our little amount spent!
- Domaine Carneros- If you like champagne, you’ll love this spot.
- Restoration Hardware Wine Vault- Separate from their restaurant, they only have wine tastings and cheese boards here. We were so content hanging for the day here!
We spent time in between strolling the area and popping into shops near our hotel. It was so lovely!
Lastly, we did hire a driver for our first full day of wineries. My girlfriend Geordian found him, and he was AMAZING. Highly recommend! His name is Gary, he’s a private driver, you can find him on the Viator app or email him at Nvsuv@comcast.net.