Fun fact: I’ve been sharing my goals on my blog each year since 2016. Last year, I was 2 weeks postpartum and skipped my goal setting session with myself. Let me just say wow, I saw the effect of not setting goals for myself. In a way, I needed it. 2023 was slow, and focused on my sweet boy and learning how to be a mom. Ezra was my top priority and I really left space to just [be]. I didn’t want to set goals, I wanted a year where there was no pressure on myself and I did just that.
I definitely saw a decline in my business in a few ways from not setting goals as well as a lack of motivation in my home life from not setting goals there either. Now that I’m a year postpartum, I took my year with my infant, I feel like I’m in such a good head space to find new parts of me this year. I am so excited to have a toddler and explore the world with my little man and I have SUCH a good feeling about this year. I like to break my goals down by category and sharing here:
- Feel good in my body again
- I’ve been out of the gym for about 2 months now and gosh I feel it. I REALLY want to work hard to lose the rest of the baby weight I have on and feel good in my body again. I haven’t loved styling clothes much (which used to be one of my favorite hobbies) because I don’t love where my body is at right now. I’m starting 75 Hard January 15 to kick start my year health wise!
- Keep my home decluttered and systemized
- Read at night before bed
- Create simple but strict daily routines
- I love my flexible schedules… but I feel ALL over the place every day. Constantly have to reschedule things because of poor planning so this is a huge goal for me to create a good consistent morning routine with Ezra and go to the gym at the same time everyday.
I always set number goals for myself (except last year) that I keep private but here are some other business goals I have for this year:
- Have fun with social media again and find what I genuinely enjoy sharing
- In 2022 I got so caught up in partnerships and what my audience wants that I got burnt out and stopped having fun with it. In 2023 I started having fun with it again but got caught up in the pressure of numbers and sales. 2024 is all about sharing things with you guys that bring me joy.
- Hire help and delegate
- Already got on this in the last couple of weeks too to start my year out strong!
- Intention with my link sharing
- Have dedicated work hours
- SAVE + Pay off credit cards
- If you watch my stories frequently, you may remember that Josh quit his job in March to help me with our colic newborn and focus on his MBA. It wasn’t ideal financially but it WAS ideal for our family. We had a huge SPEND year which makes me panic but I feel like everyone has their spend and save years. Josh is working again, I’m getting back into a consistent work routine, and we have very little social obligations this year so hoping 2024 is a save year for us.
- Remembering and diving into the fact my MOST important role is the one at home raising my baby and being a wife
- Dating each other again 1-2x a month
- Getting over my fear of hiring a babysitter / family sticking to our schedules, and getting out together again and having fun.
- Josh to finish out his MBA strong (2 years later and he is FINALLY graduating later this year!)
I can’t wait to see what’s to come in 2024 and can’t wait to bring y’all along! As always, thank you so much for being here. It is SUCH a privilege to have this online space and it’s one I do not take for granted. XOXO!