Hello to a new decade!! I was chatting with my girlfriends at lunch the other day and we were talking about how when we were younger we would talk about how crazy 2020 sounds and that it is forever away… and cars will probably be flying by then, etc. Well here we are!! 2020! So insane haha. I am so excited about this new decade.
I especially love the start of a new year! It’s a great time to reevaluate life, characteristics, and set goals for the next year. I’m a huge goal-oriented person so I’m thriving right now setting short and long term goals. Check out last years resolutions post.
When it comes to schedules, are you a physical paper planner person or an online calendar gal? I’ve always been physical paper but this year, I moved everything to a google calendar in June. I’m loving it!! BUT I do still use my Erin Condren planner for daily activities and schedules.
This year, I wrote down about 50 New Year goals haha. If I’ve learned anything over the years it’s to focus only on a few big and a few small things rather than a giant list, I tried to keep it to about 5 goals per category. This still may seem like a lot to some people but the smaller goals I’ll split up to be monthly goals for the year and the larger goals, like saving, will be yearly goals.
Personal New Year Goals:
- Give back and Volunteer
- This is actually something my mom has been wanting me to do more and as I’ve thought about it a little more, it’s something I am making plans to do in the New Year. My mom volunteers a bunch and loves it. Between running my own business I often feel like I just don’t have time for this and that every minute should go towards my business but in 2020 I want to be more selfless and help others. So, my goal is to join one or two organizations to help with and put my time towards.
- Put time into friends and relationships who were there in 2019
- In 2019, I was shown so much love. It was really special seeing how many people wanted to be apart of our wedding, supported us in so many ways, and went out of their way to see me, spend time with me, and celebrate Josh and I. I usually make a goal to reach out to new friends each year but this year I want to put more time and love back into our dear friends over the years who have been so loving.
- Learn less is more- work on purging and minimizing
- Easier said then done… especially having a blog and constantly getting things. In 2019 I started doing weekly giveaways to give back to my followers and also help clean out products that were stacked up and not used. I want to spend 2x a month cleaning out clothes, donating, and organizing the items I get. I also want to work on NOT buying new items each season and just redecorating and restyling what I have.
- Work on saying no and people pleasing
- I worked on this a lot in 2019 and improved on this quite a bit. There’s still certain settings and people though that I have a hard time learning to say no to- I overcommit a lot and I want to put my heart and time only to those I want to spend time with!
- Work on my cooking skills
- I’m actually a pretty decent cook when I want to be. The issue is that I’m constantly doing 300 things at once and never take the time to cook dinner and do it right. I usually put something in the oven or stove and walk away to answer emails or clean and then I forget and I’ve burnt or overcooked everything haha. Not my best moments! I want to spend time in 2020 enjoying to cook and giving myself an hour to make my husband and I a meal without getting distracted.
- Character traits I want to improve: being present, patience, and control
- TBH, these are 3 character improvements I put on my resolutions list each year. And every year, there’s moments I do improve on these and moments I don’t. I’m not patient, I like to control situations or at least have them go to plan, and I’m not always that present with family and Josh. Praying I can continue improving on these.
Business New Year Goals:
I like to set some number goals for myself each year and this year I would really love to get to 100K on IG. Numbers don’t always really matter, but they do to brands and the higher number (likes, comments, and followers) can help me land better brand deals, opportunities, and increased income. Besides IG, I want to work on putting time back to YT, and growing my other social channels. I also want to work on adding in some other streams of income… I’m reading some money books right now and in this day and age… multiple streams of income is a way of life and SMART.
- Hit 100K on IG
- Double blog pageviews
- Work on multiple streams of income
- Consistency with Youtube
Health New Year Goals:
I wasn’t going to add these in but figured for anyone new they’d like to see. These have been my monthly goals for the past year for my health. I lost 18 pounds in 2019 and want to continue getting stronger, eating healthier, and drinking less too.
- Continue workouts 5-6x a week
- Challenge myself with a new workout or stretching once a week
- Celery Juice each week
- Clean eating Mon-Thurs
- Keep sugary alcoholic drinks to a minimum. Preferably once a month
Marriage New Year Goals:
Josh and I had dinner the other night and set 3 goals for our marriage this year. I wanted to share with y’all since you are all friends too! Our BIG goal is to save money for a house. We have a number written down that we would like to save and the goal is to buy a home in early 2021. We have a little over a year to save for a down payment and first time buyer things. We are also working on giving each other a night each week where we put our phones down, go on a date, or just chill at home together.
- Save $$ for a house
- Read our marriage devotional together
- Date night once a week with minimal time on phones
2019 was the best year. It was also an EXPENSIVE year. Between quitting my job and pursuing my own business, our wedding, traveling, our honeymoon, and moving to a big city…. my bank account is DONE. 2020 is going to be about saving, loving others, and being content in life. I am so excited to see what this year is like, how Josh and I take on married life, and to see what amazing things God is going to do in my friends lives as well. Cheers to a fresh start and can’t wait to take y’all along this year! xo
Molly O'Connor says
WOOO love these! can’t wait to see what you all think of that devo!!
Thanks Molly!! 🙂
What are you’re spiritual goals since you mentioned God a few times!? Love to hear and encourage!
Love that you asked this!! My spiritual goals are to get more involved in our church this year, join a bible study, and continue growing closer to the Lord and going to him each day. xo!!
Love you new year goals! I’m looking for a good planner s I can do the same! Any suggestions?