Hi loves! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wow, can’t even believe it’s 2019. I’m beyond pumped for this year!! Today I had to share the obligatory post on my New Year Resolutions. I’ve done this for 2018, 2017, and 2016. I thoroughly enjoy setting time aside to make goals, plans, and dreams for another year. I also love sharing them on the blog with you all as well.
I don’t have as many “resolutions” this year since I have more “Year Of…” goals. This a year of learning, getting active, a year of SAVING, and a year of purging. Y’all will hopefully see some positive, small, changes in my life throughout the year. I’m a HUGE advocate of loving yourself, but always seeing what you can improve on or learn more about. I like to do self audits about how I am as a friend, fiancè, employee, etc. and make changes accordingly. We can always improve our ways and be better people than the person we were the day before.
Here are my 2019 New Year Resolutions:
Read the bible completely
- Yes…. front to back people. Growing up my mom had us read the Bible completely in one summer, and we moved a lot growing up so I never fully got involved at a church. I’ve got back into my faith a lot the past 2 years and have loved my morning quiet time, devotionals, etc. I take notes in my bible every week at church but I’m embarrassed to say…. I don’t know scripture, I don’t fully understand the Bible, and I couldn’t tell you what each chapter is about, even the main ones. This is something I want to challenge myself to do. I actually started the book of Genesis this past weekend but am only a few pages in. If you’re lost or want to know more about your faith, do this with me!
- I’ll have a separate post about a year long series I’ll be doing for this and also my fit goals for myself. I started Orangetheory a year ago. It took about 6 months for me to enjoy working out. Towards the end of 2018 I started getting super into my workouts and learning more about health. I want to continue this in 2019 and really take a challenge to get lean.
Improve some Characteristics
- I’d like to be more patient, stop complaining and wanting to control things in the New Year. I’m VERY Type A so I like things to basically be how I like it. I’m easy to complain even though it may be about the most pointless thing, and I am very impatient. These three things I’ve known and seen in myself the past year and they’re characteristics I don’t like about myself and want to work on changing.
Continue growing my business
- This blog is my baby!!! I want to continue growing this as a business and working hard towards my personal money/business goals.
Learn less is more
- I think every human wants to work on this??? Haha. But really though, all we can do is strive to learn this and work towards being better with this. As a huge consumer, and lover of fashion and makeup, I want to learn more about loving what I have.
- Like I said above with the Bible, I’ve really enjoyed educating myself in topics like nutrition, health, meditation, etc. This is a pretty broad topic but I just want to focus more on reading, learning topics I don’t know much about, and educating myself more. (More than what I learned my years in college lol!)
- Another one that I say every year and I think everyone wants this haha but a huge goal of mine is to not only save some money but to be aware of what I’m spending and stop the little expenses that add up. We have our wedding, honeymoon, and hopefully looking for a new place to live next year and I want to be able to enjoy it all and have money saved.
I pray 2019 is another year of growth, love, and being the best version of myself. More life changes won’t really happen till the end of 2019 as I’ll be getting MARRIED and becoming a WIFE but I pray and plan to soak up this year until the end being a fiancé. Thanks so much for reading today’s post and my resolutions. Here’s to a NEW year, cheers friends!