Happy 2016! Can you believe it’s another year? Another year to make new memories, accomplish new goals, and another year to be thankful for everything you have.
Like I said in this post here, 2015 was full of amazing things, but I really want 2016 to be the best year yet. I have SO many goals I want to accomplish for 2016… so here we go:
1. Get back into a steady workout routine: I know I know… everyone ALWAYS says this during the beginning of the year and it lasts for maybe a month and then we fall back into our lazy habits. But, I’m so serious about this! I stuck to a great routine in high school, but when I went off to college I lost all of my focus. Sleeping until 2 pm, and midnight McDonald’s runs sounded WAY better than taking an hour to go workout. But I love being in shape, I love to wear those tight crop tops and dresses to the bars and parties, but that doesn’t look so great when you’ve gained 10 pounds.
2. Find a job in Lubbock: I’m gonna be real honest. I’ve looked into transferring schools. MULTIPLE times. I love Tech, and my sorority, and friends…. but Lubbock is a crap place. I’m such a city girl and I’m still wondering how I ended up in Lubbock, of all places, instead of New York City or Los Angeles. Even being in Dallas, I’m much happier. I cannot function if I don’t have sky scrapers, endless top rated restaurants, and a fast paced life style. I go crazy in Lubbock because there is nothing to do, and surprise surprise…. I actually get really sick of the party scene fast. I feel like getting a job will take up a lot of my time and would really help me love Lubbock more and appreciate the slow pace of life. (just for a couple years though, then NYC here I come)
3. Find a Church/ Bible Study in LBK: This has a lot to do with what I mentioned above, but also because I need God back in my life, in other ways. I know I have God in my life, I say my prayers, but with the place I’m at I REALLY need him. I’m hoping to find a church in Lubbock, since I have one back home in Dallas, and get re-connected. Especially since being in a sorority, I feel like my whole life is strictly greek life, and I hate that… there’s so much for to life than that, and I want to turn my focus on God again.
4. Complete my Blog Goals List: I have a separate new year resolutions list, just for my blog. AMS has become my full time little baby, and never have I ever put so much work into something, and wanted something so bad than this blog. I have high hopes for it in 2016.
5. Apply for Internships: If y’all could only see the huge list on my laptop I have for Internships I want to apply for. I’ve been adding to this list since my Junior year of high school…… that’s when you know you need to slow down. While high school friends were out partying and being teenagers, I was in my room searching for Internships to apply for when I turned 18. But, now, the time is finally here, and I want to start applying for them this semester.
6. Make a 3.5 GPA: ummmm, I’m embarrassed to say my GPA was actually terrible from first semester. Like I said, it was like my mom dropped me off for college and everything I knew, and had planned for myself went to waste. I was a wild child, and I am not happy about it. I put the priority of school VERY last. But, considering I want to graduate a year early, I need to get my ish together in 2016, and raise that GPA.
7. Budget My Money Better: Still going to talk about another thing I sucked at my first semester of college…. money. I was SUCH a saver, and did great with my money all throughout my life. When I came to college, it was like $300 was $2 to me. I would FLY through my allowance within a week. I’m still wondering what I even did with my money every week. The constant email of “your bank account fell below $25” was a weekly thing. 2016, this is the year I pay attention and budget myself.
8. Get settled: This is a topic I’m actually going to cover more deeply in a blog post later on this year. But I struggle deeply with the sense that I always need more. I will get obsessed with something or an idea, accomplish it, and then get bored of it after a few weeks and need more. It’s really hard to deal with, especially for family and friends. I have a lot of what my dad likes to call “knee jerk reactions” where I get my mind set on something, waste a ton of money and time doing it and then decide I don’t want it anymore. I want to work on myself and this issue during 2016, and I think a major factor that will help this is getting involved back in a church and turning to God for that.
9. Create a meal plan/ healthy diet: This is one that won’t take effect until summer/fall 2016. It’s impossible to eat healthy or make meal plans for myself when you live in a dorm. Ramen, and instant potatoes are my daily meal and I have to suck it up and deal with it. But come fall 2o16, when I move into a house with my best friends, healthy food and a healthy lifestyle will return!! In the meantime, send any meal plans you guys have or use to my email PLEASE. I want to start planning.
10. Stay Connected to Hometown/ Far away Friends: For those who don’t know this, I was born and raised in North Carolina, then moved to Arkansas for two years, and then Dallas for the past 4 years. I also have a father who works internationally and through that, I have met friends from all over the US. It’s extremely hard to stay in contact with so many people and stay up to date with them. I also was really bad at checking in on my high school best friends when we all went off to college. These relationships are extremely important to me, and I want to work on taking the time out of my day, once a week, to check in on these amazing people I’m so lucky to have in my life.
I have big hopes for you, 2016. Hoping you are filled with amazing people, travel, and just amazing things in general. Thank you again to all of my readers for supporting this blog.
Linking up With: The Road To A Better Me