I’m just over 5 months postpartum and with Summer here, I have the itch to get my butt in gear and start working on the healthiest version of myself… with some grace of course because I know that I did just birth a baby lol.
To me, my “healthiest” version looks a lot like cleaning up my food, finding good skincare, and getting active daily, and just living my happiest life. Leaving some of my wellness favorites over the years and some goals below!
I always try to live an 80/20 lifestyle, 80% healthy and 20% whatever I want. Making sure I’m drinking at least 120oz of water is always a must-have for me too. More goals:
- Eating whole foods and looking into ingredients (less processed)
- Continuing on with dairy + soy free (doing this currently because I’m breastfeeding)
- Have a daily protein smoothie
- Adding more protein in general to every meal
- Meal prep on Sunday’s
- Hot tea at night during the week instead of wine
Whatever gets me moving right!? For me, having good quality activewear helps me feel more motivated. I love workout sets especially because I don’t have to think about my workout outfit.
Amazon has great affordable sets, I love this one especially. Here are some more sets I love from other retailers:
Since I’m breastfeeding, I’ve stopped a lot of supplements I used to take pre-pregnancy but currently taking:
Getting in the gym or going on a walk are more daily must-haves in my life. The busier days that I have where I don’t get to do either, it really throws off my mood and productivity. I was doing classes at a pilates studio but currently have a membership at a large gym… they also have childcare I’m going to probably start Ezra at in June or July so I can go get a daily workout in. Goals:
- Moving daily and as much as possible. I always forget to wear my apple watch so I don’t set a “steps” goal, just a movement goal
- My workout routine varies day to day but it’s a mix of strength training and pilates. I have subscriptions to Melissa Wood Health + Alive
- 5-10 mins of sauna time a few times a week, no phone, and listen to a meditation during