Santa Fe Weekend Guide:
Happy Friday!!! Who’s pumped for the weekend!? I’m hoping to see one of my best friends and also DECLUTTER our home. I seriously feel like we have too much stuff for a small apartment. Anyways, last weekend, Josh and I ventured to Santa Fe, New Mexico for fun!! We really needed a weekend getaway and have been wanting to check out Santa Fe for awhile. My bday is a week and a half away too so this was an early bday present. We were only there a full day but I feel like we got so much done. See below for what we did and other recommendations I received on IG that we couldn’t get to.
What we did
Arrived in Santa Fe around 6pm
Happy hour at our hotel (details on where we stayed below)
Dinner at Gabriels
- Gabriels was recommended to us and WOW. so good. I will say, it was quite a ways out of town, more than we expected. We chose to Uber since we had been drinking and were continuing to drink and it was also snowing. Well….. $25 there and back was NOT something we had planned for. They are known for their tableside guac and it was truly amazing. I had their house margarita which was strong and delish and this place was so worth going about 18 mins out of town. I just recommend going for lunch and driving yourself haha!
Drinks at Saźon
- My mom was in Santa Fe about 2 weeks before us and ate dinner here. She said it was incredible and the bar was really awesome so we ventured there after dinner for a drink. It’s a little more expensive so we knew we could definitely only grab a drink from there. Their bar is awesome and the drinks were spicy and good.
Walk around Plaza
- We took the morning to basically walk around the whole town haha. We had Marley with us so we wanted to take her on a good walk. We got Starbucks early and just loved checking out the Plaza and all the cute shops around.
Coffee/breakfast at Mamunia’s
- We kind of stumbled upon this place after Josh knew I was getting real hangry lol. And OMG. It was DELISH. The cafe is adorable and if you go for a snack, I recommend their house chai latte and the ham, fig, and brie sandwich. O M G my mouth is watering thinking about it. so good.
Railyard district for shopping and farmers market
- Around 11am we headed down the street to the railyard district which has some cute shops, restaurants, coffee spots, etc. We walked and looked around and then we stopped into the farmers market which was so cool. They do a year round farmers market there which I think is amazing.
Lunch at Tomasitas
- I think this was the #1 most recommended spot. This place is a huge spot in Santa Fe. Their food is delicious and comes with an incredible soapapilla. Their frozen margs are amazing and Josh and I got the red and green chile enchiladas and wow my mouth is watering again haha.
- This is a super fun thing to do in the area that’s great for all ages. There were a TON of kids when we went. It’s a super cool, futuristic, mulitdimensional house that you explore through. They have art installations, and so much to check out. It’s pretty trippy honestly haha. We felt like we were in Stranger things, Black Mirror, and Alice in Wonderland all at once lol.
Canyon Road art galleries
- This road went on and on and was beautiful! You can look up to the snowy mountains and I just couldnt get over how amazing. It’s filled with little spots and art galleries you can pop into. Santa Fe was such a beautiful, artistic place. We loved seeing all of the art and walking through.
- This place was soooooo good. We went before dinner to do a little wine tasting and it’s a small but cute spot. We did their daily tasting and also a flight and just sat, chatted, and had the best time. I also loved EVERY wine I tried.
Dinner at The Shed
- The Shed is another hot dinner and lunch spot. It’s best to make reservations but we got lucky and only had to wait about 25 mins. The service was awesome, the restaurant was super cute and the food and drinks were incredible. I got fish tacos, Josh got some burrito he was in love with, and I got a prickly pear margarita which was amazing and then we got a hot fudge sundae hahahah. It was SUCH a good meal.
Drinks at Draft Station and La Reina
- After dinner, the cowboys game was on so we HAD to go to a bar with a TV for Josh haha. A friend recommended Draft Station to me days before because they have really good pizza, drinks, and it’s a cool hangout spot with games. It’s in this all glass shopping centre in the plaza and it was great. Josh was so happy! Afterwards, we went to a hotel I saw in a blogger friends Instagram for their bar called La Reina. It’s very small and quiet but the bar itself was amazing and I forget which drink I ordered but it was SUPER good.
Coffee at Sky coffee
- Sunday morning we planned to do a hike, then we learned it was gonna be snowing, so we were gonna stay and do some other things, then we woke up and Josh panicked so we went to just get coffee and pack up our things haha. Sky Coffee was right by our hotel as well, in the Railyard area and it’s a super cute little spot. I got a latte and a croissant!
- A friend recommended this to me as well…. SUCH A COOL SPOT. I thought it was more shopping but it’s actually more of a cafè. They have breakfast and lunch and tons of juices and smoothies. I just got a juice and it was awesome.
WHERE WE STAYED:
We stayed at Hotel Santa Fe Hacienda & Spa and it was AMAZING. The staff, the amenities, the rooms, everything was so wonderful. Plus, they allow dogs!! They have the hotel side and the hacienda side. The Hacienda side has their spa, and a fitness room, and you get a complimentary happy hour from 5-7pm. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the decor with the teepees outside is so beautiful. I found a ton of people would sit in their restaurant/lobby area and read by the fire and it was just so peaceful. We loved our stay so much and the beds were super comfy. I highly recommend Hotel Santa Fe for your stay!
Recommendations I received but didn’t have time for:
- Second street brewery
- El Parasol
- 35 degrees north coffee
- La choza
- Blue corn cafe
- Sweetwater harvest kitchen
- Tia Sophia’s
- Cupcake clothing
Things to do-
- Ten thousand waves Spa
- Ojo Caliente Spa
- Tent Rocks (awesome hike)
- Ski Santa Fe
- Georgia O’keefe Museum
Santa Fe Weekend Youtube vid!!!!
Huge thank you to Hotel Santa Fe for hosting us during our stay.
Leave a Reply