Most outfits linked here.
Josh and I FINALLY made it to Lake Tahoe last weekend. We’ve tried getting there 3 other times but different natures kept getting in the way haha. It was a fast weekend but so fun! If you’re looking to book a trip, sharing what we did, more ideas, and a few tips below.
First, Lake Tahoe was absolutely beautiful! Like a slice of mountain town heaven. We went Memorial Day weekend so it was actually still pretty cold but sunny on the beach and you could still see snow on the mountaintops it was amazing.
A very casual ski inn. I haven’t stayed in an inn in a very long time but it was really homey and comfortable. Plus, after driving around the town there’s inn’s everywhere and I think it’s just apart of the culture there! Our room was spacious, they have a restaurant, and a heated pool!
I wasn’t fascinated with any of the food. Maybe we chose wrong places but from what I read, everything is just super casual mountain dining. I wouldn’t expect to have an amazing meal! But everything was good.
- South of North Brewing (Loved the outdoor vibe! Live music too)
- Heidi’s Pancake House (Legit soooo good… be prepared for a 20-30 min wait)
- Sprouts Cafe (Healthy and organic cafe! Even Josh loved it and the line out the door never went down so you know it’s a good one)
- Scusa (Wasn’t a huge fan but basic italian)
- Riva Grill (Nice restaurant in the area and on the lake so beautiful views)
- The Hangar
- Ernies Coffee
- Red Hut Cafe
- The Baked Bear ( Delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches)
My favorite part were the views everywhere. We spent a ton of time just driving around the lake and pulling over to look at scenic outlooks.
- Drive Emerald Bay
- Hike Rubicon Trail
- Rent a clear kayak through Clearly Tahoe
- Drive to North Tahoe and go to beach (Sand Harbor and Secret Cove)
- Walk Heavenly Village
- Hike Eagle Falls
- Rent a boat or do a boat tour
- Golf at Edgewood
- If you can, I recommend coming for a full 3-4 days. I don’t really think you need any longer unless it’s a big group but definitely don’t do a 2 day unless you’re okay with not hitting much.
- Bring sweaters for nighttime
- Casual.clothes. Repeat after me lol! Not the place for heels or dressy looks. Next time I’ll be packing jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, etc. It’s an adorable mountain town and nothing is really dressy.
- Must rent a car!! I always book through Expedia for whatever is cheapest.
Leave a Reply