My husband and I did a spontaneous weekend trip last week to Miami! We had two full days and they were the perfect bit of crazy and fun. If you follow me on IG I kept joking about how it was our quarter life crisis trip. We’ve had such an interesting and emotional last few months it’s left us unsure about the future and craving a need of being “stupid” again. Does that even make sense haha!? Nonetheless, Miami was the perfect getaway for just that.
Tips- what I’d do next time
- Book in advance– Book a few WEEKS in advance for good dinner times. I booked 2 weeks in advance and the restaurants we wanted only had weird hours left.
- Eat late- Goes with the above but I would recommend eating around 8 or 8:30pm in Miami. A lot of the restaurants will turn into clubs with dj’s but obviously doesn’t begin until 8:30ish.
- Be prepared to spend- Now that I’ve gone, I’d definitely save up a little more next time to stay at a nicer hotel and also know that drink prices are INSANE. Also- almost all restaurants had an automatic 21-22% tip added to all bills.
- Tiny. Tight. Dresses.– I felt OUT OF PLACE in jeans there haha. Everyone is in bikinis during the day and club dresses at night. Next time I know haha!
Where we Stayed:
The Shelborne- Such a cool and swanky hotel. I loved all the decor and the food was good too. Pool was fun, location was great and they have an awesome cuban cafe in the lobby that we went to every morning. However, rooms were a 2/10. They were dirty and I would not sleep there again in all honesty. BUT we booked the cheapest we could find (still like $400 a night ugh) so I guess you get what you pay for in Miami.
- Nikki Beach – This was my favorite spot out of the whole trip. Great food, good drinks, nice staff, and overall vibe was a 10/10.
- Kiki on the River– Such a fun dinner spot! Not in south beach (about a 15 min drive) but the energy was too fun. You can watch all the boats driving by too. Service was 2/10 here though but I think we just got stuck with a bad waiter in all honesty.
- Pizza Bar- Ate here 3x for a quick snack haha. HUGE slices of pizza and they were really delicious.
- Jaya at The Setai- The Setai itself is absolutely incredible and luxurious. Jaya is a pan-asian restaurant inside and was the best meal we had. Great sushi and fun drinks! Plus around 8:30pm the DJ comes on and so do the dancers!
- Joe & The Juice- I cancelled both brunch spots each day so we could have a slow morning walking around. Instead, we grabbed juices and acai bowls here. It was definitely the ‘THAT GIRL’ spot.
- Story– Super fun, super expensive. We got to see Loud Luxury and we had such a good time! Definitely recommend especially for an all girls bachelorette trip.
More Recs We Didn’t Have Time For:
- Joe’s Stone Crab
- Papi Steak
- Hyde Beach at SLS (dayclub)
- Lots of recs to rent a car and also check out: Brickell, Wynwood, Key Biscayne, and Coconut Grove.
Can’t wait to go back again one day! Definitely wish we had one more day to do more walking, shop around, and ride bikes too!