Y’all should know by now that I am a makeup junkie. I love testing, trying, and buying new makeup. I’ve been sharing a lot of higher end makeup lately so I thought it’s time to try out some drug store makeup.
About a month ago, I went into Target searching for dupes for some of my favorite higher end products and I found some GOOD stuff, y’all.
Let me know if you want me to search for more and do more of these.
Drugstore makeup dupes:
SPLURGE: Tatcha Silk Canvas
- For being $52…. this product is a luxury primer. I was wondering just how amazing it is and well… it’s amazing!! BUT, I still don’t think it’s truly worth $52. You do get a ton of product but it kind of flakes on my skin. I will say, my makeup goes on so flawless with this.
SAVE: Elf Poreless Primer
- A dupe for the above…. you can grab this for $10 or $5 for the smaller bottle. I am seriously IMPRESSED with this primer. It didn’t break me out and the texture is a little different than Tatcha’s but I find it works the same. This is also a good dupe for Benefit’s Poreless. It creates the perfect smooth canvas before makeup.
SPLURGE: Dewy Set spray
- I bought this in February and I’ve been using nonstop. It’s $26 and I mean, it comes in a glittery bottle and I love the way it makes my makeup look.
SAVE: Elf dewy set mist
- An $8 dupe for the above and I’m not kidding when I tell y’all I think they are the EXACT same thing. They smell exactly alike and they both give the same look. I tested these out by spraying one on my right and on my left and wore them around all day to compare and gave me the exact same dewy look!
SPLURGE: Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- I love this powder! Been using it for ages but it’s not always fun to buy a $39 powder. The texture is smooth and it holds foundation and concealer all dang day.
SAVE: Airspun Translucent Powder:
- I was a little nervous to try this but I AM SO IMPRESSED. First of all, it’s $6 and you get DOUBLE the amount of product than Laura Mercier’s. This held my makeup all day in the humid Fredericksburg heat. I love this!!! The only difference I will say is that this powder has a strong fragrance to it. LM’s has no fragrance.
SPLURGE: Mac Lipstick in the shade Honeylove
- This is one of my go-to nude lipsticks so I was on the hunt to see if I could find a dupe. The color of this is perfect for every day with a hint of pink.
SAVE: L’oreal Lipstick in the shade Fairest Nude
- VERY impressed with this lipstick. I think it’s crazy super similar to honeylove and they look just alike. Although, I find this one goes on a little shinier and less opaque but I’ve actually been grabbing this one more lately.
SPLURGE: Hoola Bronzer
- One of the best, cooler toned bronzers. This one isn’t orange at all it’s more of a silver undertone. This looks really awesome on the skin!
SAVE: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
- This is probably my favorite product at the moment. For under $9 I love this more than all of my high end bronzers! The formula is silky smooth and it glides on your skin so nicely. It also smells like coconuts and I just LOVE.
- The original makeup sponge! You can’t go wrong with these awesome sponges BUT there are so many dupes for these that work just as good.
SAVE: Real Techniques Sponge
- This is all I use now!! I love these sponges so much and use for foundation, powder, and concealer!!
Do you have any good dupes!? Leave them in the comments!! xx
Leave a Reply