Welcome back for another #weddingwednesday. I’ve been doing this series every Wednesday since the end of January. We are slowly making our way through all the details. Today, I wanted to share our getting ready process for the wedding and fun pictures with all the girls!
- 8:00am: Hair appointments at Urban Betty Salon
- 9:00am: Get started on Makeup (makeup artist: @facebygabriela)
- 10:00am-1:00pm: In hotel rooms, eating, talking, getting ready
- 1:00pm: Head to Venue
- 2:00pm: Pictures started
- 3:30pm: In bridal suite, exchanging gifts
- 4:00pm: Ceremony started
What I Gifted The Girls:
Also, the girls all had baby’s breath in their hair and I had them do a half up half down twisted style. I loved it!
Tips for Day-Of / Things to think about Having:
- Make a beauty plan for your day for yourself and then make one for the girls! I made hair & makeup optional for everyone (didn’t want everyone to feel like they HAD to spend money) and I just sent them all pics of what I wanted their hair and makeup to look like if they opted to do it themselves.
- FOOD! Remember food. We had a whole spread of breakfast for the girls around 11am in the hotel. The day goes fast make sure to have snacks. We forgot about lunch and I know everyone was STARVING after the ceremony. That was a mistake ha!
- Alcohol!!! The day is already so nerve wrecking…. plus a celebration! Don’t forget to have lots of champagne. We had mimosa’s and also had a bottle of champagne when we got to the venue to drink before!
- Look into when you can get into your venue. We couldn’t get into ours until 1pm so we couldn’t get ready there. We had two rooms across from each other that we had everyone getting makeup done in and we stayed there all morning outside of our hair appointments.
What I wore:
To get ready, I wore a couple of things. I had a pink satin pajama set on underneath my robe. My long, dramatic robe is from BHLDN (sold out… here’s something similar) and I am in love with it. I wore all throughout my honeymoon too! Lastly, had to continue with the white all they way down to my feet too. Loved these sock slippers.
First Look With The Girls:
Pretty sure ALL of the girls had seen pictures of my dress and three of my bridesmaids had seen the dress on me before. BUT, it’s still fun to do a big “reveal” the day-of and walk out to everyone. It was so sweet!!
And this was right before the wedding when I lost it haha. Josh and I exchanged gifts (the girls/guys helped coordinate). We each wrote letters to each other and gave a small gift. I gave Josh a nice watch and he gave me a beautiful pearl necklace. I was BAWLING. Not really because of the gift but I was doing so good all day that for some reason 30 mins before walking down the aisle, I just lost all my cool. It’s SUCH an overwhelming day that goes by so incredibly fast.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and reading! Have a wonderful rest of your week. Check out the last wedding post here.