Quarantine gave me the blessing of learning to love to read again. I got through quite a few books this springtime and wanted to share them all. A few I didn’t like, and some I LOVED. So, here’s my book review!
- Where the Crawdads Sing– This was one of my favorite books and the first fiction book I’ve read in YEARS. I tend to gravitate towards more informative, self help, books but I really enjoyed this book. The set takes place in the Outer Banks, NC and is a murder-mystery in a sense.
- Educated– An absolutely INCREDIBLE book. This book and author have been featured on ELLEN, and many more spots. It’s a memoir about Tara Westover’s life and how she overcame a very closed off life and ended up getting her degree and going to Cambridge and Harvard. She grew up in a Mormon family who didn’t believe in school, modern medicine, and much more. Her story is fascinating.
- You are a Badass at Making Money- I had hoped this one would’ve been more informative on HOW to make money, save efficiently, and be a badass at making money haha. Instead, it was more of a “focus and manifest on getting rich” kind of book and I didn’t love it. She had some good points in there but nothing that motivated me.
- Make Your Bed– So this was a book that Josh read MONTHS ago. He had told me that I would like it but I never read it. Then, I was reading about how awesome this book is somewhere and decided to pick it up one evening and try it. It’s the EASIEST read (I finished in 24 hours) and a really great book for both men and women. It’s based on a Navy SEAL’s life and life lessons he learned for a productive and efficient life throughout his training. Really enjoyed!
- Everything is F%$&#!- I reviewed this one on stories a few months back but this book was pretty good. It’s very scientific and philosophical based…. so I had a hard time staying concentrated and found myself skipping through a lot of pages when it brought up Newton’s laws lol. Just being honest!
Do you guys like this type of book review!? May start doing them every season depending on how many books I read haha. Thanks for reading!