Happy Friday! This week has been all over the place getting back into the swing of things. Anyone else!? I loved getting to be in Dallas with my family for a week and a half. It was SO needed. But I was beyond ready to get back in my own bed and into the swing of a routine. Unfortunately I came down with a nasty cold and upper respiratory infection the last couple of days so I’m working from home today and will be resting all weekend.
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I’ve become VERY passionate about working out. I joined Orangetheory last January and it’s still my favorite workout that I’ve seen amazing results from. I also ADORE going to Define Body & Mind to get my barre and cycle classes in. Overall, fitness and health have become a quick passion of mine.
This year, I want to continue crushing workouts, making them a priority and just getting super active. Especially because it’s officially operation WEDDING BOD. I want to be and look my best self so therefore, I’m committing to a year long challenge of personal fitness and health goals. I’m excited to be sharing everything through a personal hashtag: #AMSgetsActive.
I’m super excited about this and there will be monthly posts, and weekly Instagram’s on everything from my diet, nutrition, my workouts, motivation, and athletic outfits.
This girl is getting ACTIVE in 2019 so here it goes.
2019 FITNESS & HEALTH GOALS—– #AMSGETSACTIVE
Lose an inch
- I’m a size 27 in jeans. Healthy for my age and height…. but a 26 is even healthier. Also, all my weight goes to my hips therefore there’s a little more love there than I’d like. My goal is to lose an inch and work on burning my lower stomach fat. I plan on increasing my cardio workouts and doing some lower ab work every day.
Lose 15 pounds
- This is my goal by the wedding which is December 2019. I feel like I can do this! When I went into college, I was 126 pounds. I left college at 149 pounds. The last 8 months I’ve been in the gym 3-5x a week and pushing myself. I’m now 144 pounds. A huge reason for that is the fact I’ve been gaining a ton of muscle, still eating wayyyy too much sugar and carbs, and not enough water. I’d love to lose 15 pounds within 6 months but I’m going to set this for the end of 2019 and see how I do.
Get some abs, sculpt my arms and legs, work on back and arm fat
- Other than the weight, I’m really not a calorie counter or weight tracker girl. I don’t own a scale nor do I want to. As long as I like the way I look, I’m ok with that. This year I’d like tone and sculpt my body.
Morning workouts 3x a week
- I started doing 1-2 early morning workouts (5am or 6am) every week in October. I stayed consistent with it and always loved my mornings more when they started with a workout that early. I want to kick this up a notch and aim for 3 morning workouts a week and 2 afternoon workouts. I’m also WAY more productive with my work and cooking/cleaning around the house when my workout is over in the morning.
Do some at-home workouts
- I’m not very good or disciplined with these. But I do want to do a few at-home workouts this year as well as some yoga.
Find a new Eating lifestyle
- I’m going back and forth with a couple of diet changes this year. I want to work on eating healthier, continuing my meal prep, and stop my late night snacking.
FEEL energetic, happy, and lean
- Not only do I want to look my best but I want to feel my best. I want more energy, I want to be even happier, and more.
Stop mindless eating
- I’m a mindless snacker and late night eater… #ugh. Bad bad habits haha. My goal is to STOP mindless eating such as being full but just being bored and snacking while I work or watch a movie. The calories from this add up!
Devote more time to Yoga and Meditation
- I did Yoga for a semester in college and loved it. I started meditating a lot in the summer when I was going through a ton of anxiety and it helped so much. My goal for 2019 is to devote more time to Yoga and meditation daily. It does amazing things for your mind, body, and health in general. I like to watch Yoga youtube videos and I the app Headspace for meditating in the morning.
- I’d like to aim to drink about 70-80 ounces of water every day
Those are my #AMSgetsActive 2019 goals. I’m so beyond excited to crush it this year and get into my best health. Thanks so much for reading!!! xxx