Hey girl!! If you’ve been following along with my life the past month- it’s been a little cray. We packed up our life in Lubbock, moved to Dallas, moved into a new place, traveled to Florida, and have been trying to get adjusted, meet up with friends, and work within it all too. Like I said, craziness haha.
One thing I always try to make time for is a workout. I’ve done fairly well the past month with at least moving my body every day but I’m happy to be getting back into my healthy routine this week. Figured I’d share a few things I do to get back into a routine of working out, eating healthy, and being happy.
But first, I wanted to go ahead and share my new watch! I have multiple G-shock watches and LOVE them. They’re great quality and I love the sporty look. Did y’all know that G-Shock has a women’s specific line with sporty, sophisticated watches that were created for active women to wear from workouts, to their day job!? I fell in love with this white and rose gold style which is from the G-MS Collection. It has features like 100M water resistance, Tough Solar, LED light and more feature fashion and functionality. I love the sleek look of it and it goes with my white and rose gold sneaks haha. It’s going to be my new every day watch to throw on for all the things I like to do.
How I get back into a healthy routine:
After things slow down and you’re trying to get back into a healthier routine, it can kind of be hard to adjust too. Here are some things I like to do:
- Add something back in each day- If you start off by thinking you’re going to workout everyday at 6am, eat healthy all 3 meals, make smoothies, get productive…. you’re setting yourself up for failure. You have to set realistic goals and I personally like to add back in one thing at a time. For instance, I’ll plan to walk Marley on Monday to get my body moving, and plan for a healthy low carb lunch and a healthy-ish dinner. On Tuesday I’ll introduce a HIIT workout but probably will go at 9am and will plan a healthy dinner. On Wednesday I’ll workout at 7am, prep healthy meals for the day, and start on my to-do list. You have to take things one step at a time.
- Set out clothes and plans the night before– This helps SO MUCH. I get busy every day and a lot things I say I’ll do… don’t get done. I like to set out my workout clothes the night before so that they’re right there staring at me in the morning and I don’t mope around. I also love to quickly get out my calendar in bed and make a fast to-do list of the MUST’S to get done and then the to-do’s that I’d like to get done but are ok if not done by the end of the day. This sets your next day up for success!
- New workout clothes and accessories- I mean, why not give yourself an excuse to shop for new workout clothes? I think that’s the BEST motivation for us clothes lovers haha. I love to grab a few new workout clothes to get me excited about working out again. Also recently picked up this G-shock watch I mentioned above.
- Find a friend- Grab a sibling or a friend who likes to work out. If you find yourself making excuses to go to the gym, setup times with your friends so that you have a harder time cancelling.
- Update your playlist- Another good motivation thing to help, update your playlist with the best pump up music. I always get excited about a new playlist to run too.
- Just get moving- Lastly, just get moving. If you’re making excuses to go get in a workout, at least take your dog for a walk or walk yourself in a busy area. Seeing other people running, biking, walking, etc gets your body pumped up to get moving and also the Vitamin D from the sun always gets my blood pumping and I find I’m in such a better mood, and am happier and willing to get back into a healthier lifestyle.
All that I mentioned above usually helps me get my groove back. I love a good routine and schedule though! Now, let’s quickly chat about this workout look because it’s all AMAZON… so that means affordable. I may be ordering these leggings in ANOTHER color (already have 2 pairs) and also this top in multiple colors haha…. they’re so comfy! My adidas are from the Nordstrom sale but I found them here too.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and reading this post about getting back into a healthy routine. Have a great rest of your week!
This post is sponsored by G-Shock Women. Thanks for supporting the brands I love and who make AMS possible.