Hi loves!! How’s your week been!? We made it to Friday!!! Yay!! Did you catch yesterday’s healthy snacks post? For today’s #AMSgetsActive post I’m sharing the lifestyle program I’ve been on. Over the last 6 weeks, y’all may have seen me story-ing a little bit about the program I’ve been on called Faster Way to Fat Loss. My coach was Heather Puffer and she was WONDERFUL. Absolutely loved the program, my coach, and the experience.
About the program:
So in January I did Keto, loved it, but it’s pretty restricting. FWTFL was more relaxed which I wanted, so that’s why I gave it a try! FWTFL is a nutrition program centered around carb cycling, macro tracking, and intermittent fasting. It has a strong outline of meals/carb intake, intermittent fasting schedule, and workouts. If you do it all and strong, it WORKS.
I have so many girlfriends who do it and they’ve seen incredible results! They stay with it after the 6 weeks too and have dropped baby weight, college weight, etc. I have a pretty consistent workout routine for myself so I really did this program for the nutrition of it.
You get put into a FB group for your round which is extrememly helpful. Your coach is always there motivating you and encouraging you. You set up your macros in My fitness Pal and track everything you eat there. You fast and only eat from 12-8pm and you get low carb and higher carb days which is amazing.
So over 6 weeks, I lost 3 pounds… YAY! It was about a pound a week but then on the 5th week I kind of forgot to log what I was eating and I started eating around 10am so I stopped losing weight but I stayed the same.
My workouts have been a huge help with losing weight/toning but I felt SO much better having low carb and regular carb days through this program.
The left is right before I started the program and the right is right after 6 weeks of it! Starting to lose some of my lower belly fat thank to the nutrition of FWTFL! And 3 pounds lighter.
My thoughts…. a fabulous program! If you need something like this in your life for a little push, I highly recommend!! I really enjoyed everything I learned. The intermittent fasting is hard but HUGE with this….. you will see results!
Like I said earlier, I loved my coach and thought this was amazing. I did kind of stop following as much the last 2 weeks and I won’t be continuing with it because it doesn’t fit my lifestyle right now. I’m going to be continuing with low carb/regualr carb days though and trying to get back to my intermittent fasting. I just don’t have the time to log food, and with Josh and I’s schedule we usually eat dinner around 9pm which is really the only time that works for us with our life stage.
I wanted to take a chance to share some of my typical meals on low carb days and my fat bomb recipe that got my fats up and curved my hangry-ness.
Typical low carb day:
- Breakfast: Break fast at noon. I would typically eat 2 hard boiled eggs with bacon or sausage OR Fage 5% yogurt with a small handful of blackberries.
- Lunch: Around 1 or 2pm. I typically ate turkey roll ups. I would do turkey (or pepperoni), with colby jack cheese.
- Snack: Around 3 or 4pm I would eat a protein smoothie, a fat bomb, and some black olives. Also just a few slices of pepperoni or an egg.
- Dinner: Around 6:30pm. Typically would eat a chicken or beef fajita salad that we make at home.
- Desert: Around 7:30pm. About 2 squares of Lily’s dark chocolate.
Protein Smoothie Recipe:
- 2 scoops of Orgain protein powder
- tablespoon of Maca powder (for energy)
- 1 tablespoon of PB
- 1/2 cup of whole milk + fill rest up with water
- On regular carb days I’ll add 1/2 cup of frozen fruit!
Fat Bomb Recipe:
Ok these are DELISH. They’re easy to make and help the sweet tooth as well as help curve cravings.
- 1/2 cup PB
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of sugar substitute (we used Swerve or Monkfruit sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Melt PB, cocoa powder, and coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, mix in the rest, then pour into baking molds and put in freezer!
That’s my review on Faster Way to Fat Loss! Hope y’all enjoyed this! Let me know if you have any questions about it. 🙂